Top Review by ellie_
This was super easy--just keep opening cans and a wonderful filling complete meal is the result. We had this casserole with cornbread to sop up the spicy sauce. Thanks Dancer for posting this recipe.This is a definite make-again meal for us.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) jarchunky style prepared salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb corn kernel, thawed if frozen
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 corn tortillas
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour about 1 cup of mixture into the bottom of an electric slow cooker on low heat.
- Spread evenly and top with 1 1/2 tortillas, cutting to fit pot.
- Spread 1/3 of remaining tomato mixture over top.
- Repeat layering process, ending with tomato mixture.
- Spread top evenly.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and cook about 5 hours.
- Serve hot.