Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the Woods Hole Passage Bed and Breadfast Inn. Yummy!
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 slice tomatoes, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 eggplants, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In food processor, combine basil, garlic, pinenuts, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add half oil and puree.
- Add remaining oil and cheese until blended.
- Brush tomato and eggplant slices with oil and broil in a preheated oven for five minutes, turning once (or till done to your liking).
- Lightly brush muffins with pesto and toast under broiler.
- Poach eggs.
- To assemble, put muffin on plate, stack tomato and eggplant on top of each serving.
- Carefully place egg on top and drizzle with pesto.
- Serves 4.
we had a little problem, didn't interrupt the taste, but our eggs kept slipping off the top!
Being that I absolutely love pesto, eggplant and poached eggs, I knew that I would love this recipe. It is to die for! The real key is to "carefully" place eggs on top. They kept wanting to slide off. I was thinking this would also be good with scrambled eggs. Thanks Sharon for sharing this wonderful recipe that I will definitely make again.