Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the Woods Hole Passage Bed and Breadfast Inn. Yummy!
Make and share this Vegetarian Eggs Benedict recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In food processor, combine basil, garlic, pinenuts, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add half oil and puree.
- Add remaining oil and cheese until blended.
- Brush tomato and eggplant slices with oil and broil in a preheated oven for five minutes, turning once (or till done to your liking).
- Lightly brush muffins with pesto and toast under broiler.
- Poach eggs.
- To assemble, put muffin on plate, stack tomato and eggplant on top of each serving.
- Carefully place egg on top and drizzle with pesto.
- Serves 4.
we had a little problem, didn't interrupt the taste, but our eggs kept slipping off the top!
Being that I absolutely love pesto, eggplant and poached eggs, I knew that I would love this recipe. It is to die for! The real key is to "carefully" place eggs on top. They kept wanting to slide off. I was thinking this would also be good with scrambled eggs. Thanks Sharon for sharing this wonderful recipe that I will definitely make again.