Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my modified vegetarian version of DeSouter's Eggplant Parmesean soup. I wanted to get the nutrional info because I've been addicted to this since I found it here. I make a batch and have lunch for a week!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggplants, peeled & chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or 6 cups water and boullion)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt & pepper
- sweat onions and garlic in olive oil till soft.
- add remaining ingredients and simmer 30-40 minutes until eggplant is tender.
Our eggplant was ready in our garden as was our tomatoes. We made this soup tonight and all of us loved it. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was really tasty for such a simple, inexpensive recipe. I added half as much thyme as a matter of personal preference, but other than that I followed it exactly. Anytime I see eggplants on sale, I'm making a big batch. Thanks!