Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my modified vegetarian version of DeSouter's Eggplant Parmesean soup. I wanted to get the nutrional info because I've been addicted to this since I found it here. I make a batch and have lunch for a week!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggplants, peeled & chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or 6 cups water and boullion)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt & pepper
- sweat onions and garlic in olive oil till soft.
- add remaining ingredients and simmer 30-40 minutes until eggplant is tender.
This was really tasty for such a simple, inexpensive recipe. I added half as much thyme as a matter of personal preference, but other than that I followed it exactly. Anytime I see eggplants on sale, I'm making a big batch. Thanks!