Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was just browsing the All Recipes website and found this under a section called "cutting back on bad carbs". I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious.
- Slice eggplant into 4 thick slices.
- Broil eggplant until browned on both sides.
- Top one slice of eggplant with 1 oz mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, olive oil and basil.
- Top with another slice of eggplant.
- Return to broiler just until cheese is melted.
- Note: before broiling, if desired, salt eggplant and let sit in a colander or on a pie rack to pull out some of the moisture and bitterness from the eggplant. After 30 minutes, rinse well and dry.