Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans or 1⁄2 lb frozen green beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cansstewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green peppers
- olive oil
- Chop the pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté them in olive oil.
- Add the seasonings (as much as you like).
- Cube the eggplant into about 1 cubes and add them to the onion/pepper/garlic mixture.
- Cook them while you take the ends off of the green.
- beans and wash them.
- Add the green beans and tomatoes to the pot and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans.
- are as soft as you like them.
- Serve by itself, with pasta/rice, or with good crusty bread.
I just made this exactly as written and had it over spaghetti squash. It's REALLY good! Seemed too simple to taste of anything (and the formatting isn't very good, so that doesn't inspire confidence), but it just *worked*. Fast, easy, good healthy stuff in it... thanks! (P.S. Just went through a really annoying sign up process to write this review. And it definitely is not the first recipe I liked on food.com, so that's saying something!)