Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is one of the most kid friendly vegetarian recipes I have made. It does have dairy, but with the proper substitutions it is very versatile.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (8 rolls)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vegetarian hot dogs (Morningstar or Lightlife)
- 8 slices American cheese or 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese, for a kick
- Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (consists of two triangles not divided down cross perforation).
- Place one slice on cheese on each rectangle.
- Place one veggie dog on each roll.
- Wrap the roll around the veggie dog and knead the dough together slightly to make a continuous wrap.
- Pinch both ends around each dog to completely enclose the cheese and dog inside the dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 13 minutes.
We used to make these all the time except we just put a slit down the hot dog, put some cheese in the slice and rolled up in a crescent triangle. Your way I don't have to worry about having the slit side up so the cheese run out. Tastes just as good! This is definitely a quick and easy family favorite! Thanks for the helpful hints.