Recipe by Lil' Miss Peppers
This is one of the most kid friendly vegetarian recipes I have made. It does have dairy, but with the proper substitutions it is very versatile.
Top Review by Beth S.
These are a great idea for those of us that don't eat meat, and I just love the cheese idea! However, I do have one suggestion that has helped me turn out a better PIB through the years. Instead of placing the frozen dogs right straight from the freezer, to the unbaked crescent roll, I boil the dogs first, then place on a paper towel and pat as much of the moisture up as possible BEFORE baking. This small step will prevent your piggie's from making the crescent roll soggy.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (8 rolls)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vegetarian hot dogs (Morningstar or Lightlife)
- 8 slices American cheese or 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese, for a kick
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (consists of two triangles not divided down cross perforation).
- Place one slice on cheese on each rectangle.
- Place one veggie dog on each roll.
- Wrap the roll around the veggie dog and knead the dough together slightly to make a continuous wrap.
- Pinch both ends around each dog to completely enclose the cheese and dog inside the dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 13 minutes.