Recipe by PSU Lioness
More vegetarian Indian food that I haven't tried. From "The Higher Taste" cookbook.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- The best cumin powder to use for a raita is dry roasted. If you can take the time (5 minutes), bake the cumin seeds until they are a little dark and then grind them in a spice grinder, or under a rolling pin.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, water, salt and cayenne.
- Add cucumbers to yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle cumin powder on top; garnish w/ coriander leaves.