1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Croissant Sandwich
This came from the Better Homes and Gardens website. Lovely sandwich and good looking too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 croissant
- dijon-style mustard
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 slices thin tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 4 slices thin zucchini or 4 slices cucumbers
- 1 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill weed or 1/2 teaspoon basil or 1 dash dried dill or 1 dash basil, crushed
- mixed sprouts, of your choice if desired
- 1If desired, wrap croissant in foil and heat in a 350°F oven about 4 minutes or just until warm.
- 2Split croissant, then spread lightly with mustard.
- 3Arrange lettuce leaf, Swiss cheese, tomato slices, avocado, zucchini or cucumber, and mushroom slices on bottom half of croissant.
- 4Combine mayonnaise, milk, and dill weed or basil.
- 5Add sprouts if desired.
- 6Spoon over filling.
- 7Add top half of croissant.
- 8Makes 1 serving.
- 9Tip: You may substitute any of your favorite fresh vegetables for the tomato, zucchini, cucumber, or mushroom.
- 10Some vegetables, such as green beans, thinly sliced carrots, or asparagus, are especially good when steamed for a few minutes and then marinated for several hours in a vinaigrette dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Croissant Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 470.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g