This came from the Better Homes and Gardens website. Lovely sandwich and good looking too!
Make and share this Vegetarian Croissant Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 croissant
- dijon-style mustard
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 slices thin tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 4 slices thin zucchini or 4 slices cucumbers
- 1 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill weed or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1 dash dried dill or 1 dash basil, crushed
- mixed sprouts, of your choice if desired
- If desired, wrap croissant in foil and heat in a 350°F oven about 4 minutes or just until warm.
- Split croissant, then spread lightly with mustard.
- Arrange lettuce leaf, Swiss cheese, tomato slices, avocado, zucchini or cucumber, and mushroom slices on bottom half of croissant.
- Combine mayonnaise, milk, and dill weed or basil.
- Add sprouts if desired.
- Spoon over filling.
- Add top half of croissant.
- Makes 1 serving.
- Tip: You may substitute any of your favorite fresh vegetables for the tomato, zucchini, cucumber, or mushroom.
- Some vegetables, such as green beans, thinly sliced carrots, or asparagus, are especially good when steamed for a few minutes and then marinated for several hours in a vinaigrette dressing.
Yum!! This made the absolute best lunch! Used all lettuce, zucchini, heirloom tomato, and bell pepper all picked this morning for a friends yard, along with a croissant I picked up from the local croissant shop. Was wishing I had some avocado till I bit into this tasty sandwich and found that the Swiss cheese, hoseradish Dijon mustard and very generous sprinkling of Dill were such excellent accents that nothing else was needed, believe me I will make this just the same way again. Thanks for the post.
I really enjoyed this...I did not have avocado but next time I will make sure to try it with it. I love avocado. Thanks for a refreshing veggie lunch. Made for ZWT 07
I really enjoyed this!!! I used a nice fluffy corissant, dijon mustard, green leaf lettuce, I did use white cheddar because I do not care for swiss all that much, 2 slices of juicy tomatoes, had to skip the avocado b/c i couldnt find any that were worth buying, italian dressing, seedless cucmber, sliced mushroom, fresh basil, and sprouts :) I will be having this again... I thoroughly enjoyed it!