Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
There are three foods that need to be eaten on New Year’s Day for good luck in the coming year: greens, black-eyed peas, and stewed tomatoes. This is a delicious, hearty soup that will fill you up and give you good luck for the new year! It has been adapted from a recipe from vegetarian times.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup bow tie pasta
- 1) Place all ingredients except for the pasta in crock pot.
- 2) Cook on low for 7 hours.
- 3) Add pasta 1 hour before serving.