Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Such a great blend of veggies and couscous. Use it as a light main course or side dish!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- Place oil in large skillet or dutch oven at medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, peas, carrots, salt, turmeric and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in uncooked couscous, tomato, parsley and almonds.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Sweet, We loved this combination of flavors with our cous cous. Thanks so much for posting. I used leftover carrots from my Recipe #98509 and some leftover peas that I'd already spiced up with olive oil and s/p. This was a great side dish to baked catfish fresh from the pond.