Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I decided to stop eating meat and I was looking through the pantry and decided to throw this stuff together--it's really tasty and healthy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (white if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I haven't tried this yet) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook brown rice as package directs. For extra flavor, add a tablespoon of vegetarian bouillon--it makes it really tasty.
- As brown rice is cooking, sauté the onion in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Once onion is softened and browned a bit, add drained and rinsed beans and corn. Turn off heat.
- Once rice is done, add to the corn and beans. Mix well. Then mix in 1 to 2 (depending on taste) cans of tomato sauce.
- Cook until hot.
- **Note: Taco seasoning can be substituted instead of tomato sauce**.
- Serve in tortillas with salsa if desired.
These are really good and filling. I used mutigrain wraps the first time I made them but I used flour tortillas the next time. Flour tortillas are much better.