Recipe by Debbwl
DH likes the vegetarian Chorizo better then the meat Chorizo’s he grew up with. So he was thrilled when I re-worked the tacos he grew up with.
Top Review by ellie_
These are great! I used WW Mexican blend cheese for the cheese but regular sour cream. I found the vegetarian chorizo at Whole Foods -- and we can't wait to have these again!!! No one even suspected we wern't using meat in these! Thanks for sharing this keeper which is a snap to put together!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetarian chorizo
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chorizo per package directions. Set aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook onion and potato until onion is tender and potatoes are browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in chorizo and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in the cheese and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas one at a time in skillet untill softened. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling mixture onto each tortilla and fold in half. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute tacos until lightly browned about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa and sour cream.