Recipe by Sharon123
This is delicious! If you're short on time, use a packaged frozen vegetable medley for some of the fresh veggies. Use vegs. of your choice.
Top Review by waffey
Loved the assortment of fresh vegetables. I added some tofu for protein. However, I agree with other reviewers that the sauce could use a bit more flavour. Will definitely make again, but perhaps only 1/2 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of soya sauce next time.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut celery
- 2⁄3 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups diagonally cut zucchini
- 2⁄3 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2⁄3 cup sliced green beans
- 2⁄3 cup snow peas
- 2⁄3 cup bamboo shoot
- 2⁄3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, in the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and celery, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, cabbage and zucchini, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add the bean sprouts, green beans, snow peas, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir together the water, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir gently into the vegetable mixture.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened and all the vegetables are tender-crisp. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.