Recipe by Tarbean
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "You can have this meal on the table in about an hour. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar or jack cheese."
- 15 ounces canned black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup stock or 1⁄2 cup broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small skillet on medium-low. Add the oil and butter. When the butter bubbles (do not brown), sauté the onion until soft.
- Turn heat to low and add the chili powder and oregano. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir. Add all of the other ingredients and simmer the chili slowly, covered, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.