Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Green chili, veganized! This recipe cost me $11.09 to make. That's only $1.39/serving! See my blog post here: http://veganomics101.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/chili-verde/
- 396.89 g can chickpeas, drained
- 396.89 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 396.89 g can corn, drained (white corn would be nice here)
- 2 (226.79 g) can green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 453.59 g button mushroom, sliced
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml quinoa
- Easy: throw everything except the quinoa into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Add quinoa and let it cook for another hour.
- Feel free to garnish it with fresh cilantro, lime juice, crushed tortilla chips, Tofutti sour cream, etc.