Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my nightly dinner when on the Fat Smash Diet, Phase 1. All veggies & beans, no meat! It keeps dinnertime easy.... I'd like to note this isn't completely vegetarian due to the pinto beans, sometimes having bacon in them.
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) canlow sodium kidney beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 diced yellow onions or 1 red onion
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 diced orange bell pepper
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 3 stalks chopped celery (more, if you like the flavor)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano peppers or 1 habanero pepper, if you like it spicy
- Put all ingredients in the crock pot for 8 hours. or simmer on the stove in a pot for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- add 1 ounce of low fat cheddar cheese on the top! (if youre on the fat smash!).
this is a good recipe if you are on phase 1 of the fat smash diet. its taste really good and very filling. just to let you know this is a chili and it will be spicy. if you are not into spicy food just tamed it down a bit by reducing the chili powder to a tablespoon.