Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Columbia Harbor House, Magic Kingdom
Make and share this Vegetarian Chili - Disney World recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup diced fresh carrot
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned great northern beans
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned kidney beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat large sauce pot until hot.
- Add olive oil, then peppers, celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, seasonings, jalapeno peppers, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water and stir into pot to thicken.
- Add drained beans to the pot.
- Cook until heated through.
- Check flavor and adjust seasonings to taste.
this is a really mild chili and good as a base for other things. i added some ranch powder to it and then to eat it i added cheese, salsa, sour cream, onions and corn chips. that was good. the cornstarch in it gave it a slightly slimy texture that i didnt care for. i only put 2 cans of beans in it and i still thought there were too many beans.. if you like an all bean soup this would be good. also it does not freeze well i found. sorry i guess this chili is just not for me.... i've never been to disney world