Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a vegetarian version of the "Chili Mac & Cheese" recipe from Slow Cooker Recipe Book. Slightly modified
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Chop onion. Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Transfer onion mixture to cooker. Stir in tomatoes, beans, meal starters "meat", chili powder, cumin, marjoram and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Boil pot of water and parcook macaroni for 5 minutes or until slightly flexible. Stir into cooker and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 more hours.
- stir in cheese and serve!