Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chili is delicious and adaptable. It is a hit with the whole faily, even the die-hard carnivores. It is low in fat and has protein and fiber. Good and good for you.
- 1⁄2 package extra firm tofu, previously frozen and thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Saute onions, garlic, chili powder and tofu in a little olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin powder& onion granules and saute for about a minute.
- Add sugar, tomatoes, tomatoe sauce and rinsed beans: let simmer 15- 20 minutes.
- Add more chili if desired.
my friends actually accused me of putting real meat in it...
the way to do that with tofu... is to par boil it for 3-5 mins... in order to cook it first... then you stir fry or whatever you want.. thanks again... lovely...