Recipe by Bruins Fan
This chili is delicious and adaptable. It is a hit with the whole faily, even the die-hard carnivores. It is low in fat and has protein and fiber. Good and good for you.
Top Review by karen rose
my friends actually accused me of putting real meat in it...
the way to do that with tofu... is to par boil it for 3-5 mins... in order to cook it first... then you stir fry or whatever you want.. thanks again... lovely...
- 1⁄2 package extra firm tofu, previously frozen and thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, garlic, chili powder and tofu in a little olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin powder& onion granules and saute for about a minute.
- Add sugar, tomatoes, tomatoe sauce and rinsed beans: let simmer 15- 20 minutes.
- Add more chili if desired.