Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You won't miss the meat in this hearty chili! I made up this recipe as a way to get more protein and fiber in my diet.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sazon goya (Cilantro, Achiote, Coriander and Annatto)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- In a large sauce pan, saute onion and green bell pepper in olive oil until soft, add garlic and saute for another couple of minutes (don't burn garlic or it will taste bitter).
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and water.
- Add Sazon, chili powder and cumin. Stir until spices are incorporated into sauce.
- Simmer sauce for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and corn.
- Simmer for another 40-45 minutes.
- I serve with 2% shredded cheddar cheese and corn muffins.