Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, saute zucchini, yellow squash, onion, peppers, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, jalapeno and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Delicious! I made this chili for a work potluck and it got rave reviews. Forgot to add the peppers and it still turned out great. Thank you!
this was absolutly incredible i gave up meat for lent and I made this like four times over the course of the forty days I add extra squash and zuccini to because I love those
This is VERY good, and very simple to make. I made the whole recipe, which allowed me to use up many of the ingredients I had on hand and need to use up before my big move! I used 1 can of pinto beans, and 1 can of red kidney beans because I didnt have any black beans on hand. I also used one green pepper and one yellow pepper because I didnt have a red pepper. I wanted mine a bit more heaty, so I used 1 whole serrano instead of the jalapeno. This is just delicious, and I will be making it again. I served it with Skat's Poppin' Jalapeno Bread recipe#27715. Thanks for the recipe!!! :) I do hope you'll post more! :)