Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We like this just as much as the meaty ones. And this is SO much better for you!!
Make and share this Vegetarian Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In lg pot, saute zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Inez, this hit the spot for my craving for a good vegetatian chili! I didn't have any pinto beans so I just used black beans. I did add a little celery since I had some. Delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious! I lost my jalapeno somewhere between the store and home, so I didn't add any. This is a great chili recipe. I didn't miss the meat, or fat, at all!
Excellent recipe! I didn't change a thing.