Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We like this just as much as the meaty ones. And this is SO much better for you!!
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In lg pot, saute zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Inez, this hit the spot for my craving for a good vegetatian chili! I didn't have any pinto beans so I just used black beans. I did add a little celery since I had some. Delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious! I lost my jalapeno somewhere between the store and home, so I didn't add any. This is a great chili recipe. I didn't miss the meat, or fat, at all!
Excellent recipe! I didn't change a thing.