Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Just an easy and quick crock pot chili with lots of healthy veg! I am not vegetarian, but I sure don't miss the meat in this one. Vary the veg and spices to your own tastes. I use low sodium everything for this. This is SLOW cooker recipe, so cook time is lengthy, prep time is not. :]
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, plain undrained
- 14 ounces garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup diced parsnip
- 1 -2 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups v- 8 low-sodium vegetable juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chipotle powder or 1⁄2 tablespoon other roasted chili powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place vegetables in slow cooker with squash on the bottom.
- Mix spices with V-8 and honey and pour over vegetables.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and shredded cheese, if desired. Serve.
Very good and easy to make! I used pinto beans in chili sauce instead of the kidney beans. Forgot the cilantro and cheese though. Thanks for sharing this keeper!