Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Adapted from Healthy Appetite on the Food Network
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine tomatoes, all beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, and hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours on on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, add couscous, cover, and cook until couscous is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.
"its not vegetarian if it has chicken broth"