Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A warm, comforting, colorful bowl of mild chili with no meat and very low fat. Very nice on a cold rainy fall or winter evening.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (I use the mild ones)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package Morningstar Farms Better 'n Burgers, thawed and diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, or to taste
- In a large pot, saute peppers and onion in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Heat until bubbly, stirring regularly.
- Lower heat and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
A fine, no cholesterol chili that is easy to make. Though colorful, and attractive, I found it a little dry and added a can of tomato sauce. Also, I cut the cumin down to a little less that a teaspoon. By habit I added garlic when sautéing the onion etc…no harm done.
This was very good. I used kidney beans instead of chili beans, and substituted salsa for half of the diced tomatoes, for a little more spice. It was very filling, and tasty. Even the picky husband liked it.
very delicious. i love vegetarian chili b/c it's so colorful & flavorful. i did add a pound of beef to it. wonderful! i will definatley make it again esp for my super bowl party.