Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy casserole when my family wants that cheese and green chili taste!
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch thick fingers that are about the length of a chili. Put cheese into the chilis (aprox one per chili) and lay in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, flour and baking powder until blended. Stir in the cottage cheese and immediately pour over the chilies.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Top should be lightly browned and the center should feel firm.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Top with avocado slices and serve.