Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a Everyday with Rachael Ray recipe that I found on Yahoo! Really good. I love chickpeas! Dijon mustard, ketchup and or mayonnaise to serve.
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 2⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, I use Pam spray
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, I use whole wheat
- In a food processor pulse the chickpeas, chilies, parsley until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the egg.
- Form mixture into 4 patties, about 2/3 inches thick.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Cook the burgers for 4 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for 3 more minutes.
- If desired, top the patties with cheese for the last minute of cooking.
- Serve burgers with ketchup, Dijon mustard and or mayonnaise.