Recipe by Shannon Cooks
Decadent, vegetarian and relatively lowfat!!! What else could you ask for? I used a bag of frozen Quorn fillets. These are available in both the USA and UK. In the USA, they are called Quorn Naked Cutlets and in the UK, they are called Quorn Surprisingly Lowfat Fillets. Same tasty product, different names. This is a very impressive dish that's easy to create.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfrozen quorn pieces (use the Quorn chicken cutlets, NOT the pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup green seedless grape, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over moderate heat, melt butter.
- Remove from burner and whisk in flour.
- Return to heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Add the wine, stock and lemon juice and continue cooking until a thickened sauce forms.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown fillets.
- Cover fillets with sauce mixture and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add grapes and simmer for an additional five minutes. Serve and enjoy.