Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sometimes a vegetarian misses those old comfort-food staples. Salad sandwiches are so great in hot weather, so I engineered this one and am pretty chuffed at how it came out.
- 226.79 g package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters chicken strips
- 59.14 ml carrot
- 59.14 ml celery
- 1 medium gala apples
- 118.29 ml Miracle Whip light
- 59.14 ml raisins (golden or regular)
- 0 onion
- Microwave the chick'n strips in a bowl until heated through (about 2 minutes depending on the power of your microwave).
- Shred the carrots, celery, onion, apple, and chick'n strips in a food processor.
- Transfer above items to a bowl and add the raisins and Miracle Whip.
- If your other items were already refrigerated and cold, you can go ahead and enjoy. Otherwise, chill for an hour or two. Then serve on bread, in a pita, or my favorite--in a tortilla.
What a great new way for me to do a 'chicken salad' or spread, as the case will be next time, since I plan to make this again, doubling the recipe, to have on my finger food counter the next time I host one of my monthly groups! Whole grain crackers & this spread will be absolutely wonderful! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Aside from using 1/2 fat mayo in place of the Miracle Whip this was made made by the book and it's a great recipe. It has a lot of flavor and texture to enjoy. I used it to stuff a tomato and it was a very well enjoyed lunch. Also, it's super easy, I just stuffed all of the grateable ingredients into the processor feed and they were done in about 3 seconds. Mixed the mayo and raisins into the grated mix and done! This one's a keeper. :D