Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe will make the whole house smell like a pizzeria. Its low in calories and fat.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup canned pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces vegetarian chicken pieces
- 1 medium roma tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove pizza crust from package and place on a pan or baking stone. Spoon on pizza sauce.
- Next add fat free cheese.
- Empty the chicken strips onto a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces, then add to pizza.
- Cut the tomato into uniform slices and arrange on top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle over basil and oregano, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
I normally stick with our old reliable recipe for pizza, but this was quite nice. I made a few changes to the recipe: made my own dough rather than buy a pre-made shell, used regular marble cheese instead of low-fat (sorry, low-fat just doesn't melt very well), and.... umm.... substituted real chicken for the veggie chicken (sorry!). I quite enjoyed the basil, oregano and olive oil on the tomatoes. All in all, it was very tasty. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2012.