Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Ever wanted to make your own soy nuggets?
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- unwrapp tofu and shake off excess moisture. Place in freezer bag or wrap well in plastic, then freeze the sealed tofu for at least 24 hours.
- Next day, thaw tofuby placing it unwrapped in a microwave safe bowl and cover on high, checking every 2 to 3 minutes. make sure it doesnt cook.
- Once defrosted gently squeeze and excess moisture and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In shallow bolw add bread crumbs and spices, mixing well.
- in seperate bowl pour 1/2 cup water. dip tofu in to water lightly shake off then coat with the bread crumbs.
- put them on a lighty oiled baing pan and bake 25- 30 minutes, until lightly brown and crisp.
- serve with dipping sauce such as sweet and sour or barbecue or spicy mustard.