Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from one of my favourite shops, Vincents Vegetarian in Footscray, Melbourne. This shop has pretty much every type of "meat" you can think of, but its all vegetarian. This recipe uses their vegie chicken nuggets, but you can also use tofu, or any other mock meat. If you cant find vegetarian oyster sauce, replace with soy, or just leave it out.
- 600 g breaded chicken nuggets
- 15 snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 5 chilies (cut into sections)
- 1 piece gingerroot (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rinse Cashew nuts and deep-fry over medium heat till golden brown.
- Deep-fry chicken nuggets for 2 minutes over high heat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in wok and fry chili and ginger till fragrant and until dry chillies turn dark brown.
- Add chicken nuggets and black vinegar, sugar, soy Sauce, veg oyster sauce 1 cup water. Stir-fry evenly over high heat.
- Then add in snow peas, corn starch and 1 tbs water, mix evenly.
- Toss in cashew nuts and sesame oil, quickly combine and remove to serving plate. Serve hot.