When you aren't feeling well, what's better than a homemade bowl of chicken noodle soup? Well, no-chicken noodle soup, of course! ;) You can even substitute vegetarian ingredients in your grandma's classic recipe, for a delicious, comforting meal. Or you can just try my simple recipe below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I recommend Imagine No-Chicken broth)
- 1 lb vegetarian chicken strips, cubed (I recommend Lightlife's Chik'n Style Strips)
- 1/2 lb egg noodles (I recommend De Boles Organic Eggless Ribbon Style Pasta)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 11. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 22. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion, and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 33. Add the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 44. Add broth, turn up the heat, bring to a boil.
- 55. Add the veggie chicken chunks, return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- 66. Add noodles and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 77. Remove from heat.
- 88. Add parsley and dill, stir, remove the bay leaves and serve.
- 99. (Add water or more broth to reach desired thickness.).
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian "chicken" Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken strips