Recipe by hlkljgk
When you aren't feeling well, what's better than a homemade bowl of chicken noodle soup? Well, no-chicken noodle soup, of course! ;) You can even substitute vegetarian ingredients in your grandma's classic recipe, for a delicious, comforting meal. Or you can just try my simple recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I recommend Imagine No-Chicken broth)
- 1 lb vegetarian chicken strips, cubed (I recommend Lightlife's Chik'n Style Strips)
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles (I recommend De Boles Organic Eggless Ribbon Style Pasta)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 2. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion, and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4. Add broth, turn up the heat, bring to a boil.
- 5. Add the veggie chicken chunks, return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- 6. Add noodles and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 7. Remove from heat.
- 8. Add parsley and dill, stir, remove the bay leaves and serve.
- 9. (Add water or more broth to reach desired thickness.).