1 hr 5 mins
I was looking for a good vegetarian "chicken" salad recipe and came across this little gem. This can be used to make "chicken" salad or cut in strips to make vegetarian "chicken" dishes. This is also a vegan recipe. Enjoy! Adapted from google-Garny Dykes and given to her by Willie Watson of the Capitol City Seventh Day Adventist church in Sacramento, California..
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups liquid (I use liquid from the chickpeas with vegetable broth added to make 1 1/2 cups or you can use all veg)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning (I use Beef Style Seasoning(Or Chicken Style) or Chicken Style Seasoning-can use homemade or storebought)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 3/4 cups vital gluten flour
- cooking spray
- 1Mix all except gluten flour and cooking spray in blender(I used food processor) until smooth.
- 2Quickly mix the liquid/bean mixture with the flour until smooth like bread dough(I make into smooth round disc shape).
- 3Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake in a 350*F oven 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- 4Let cool, then cut or pull apart into small pieces and put in food processor and pulse until texture is like chopped or shredded chicken, or cut in strips or cubes to use for other dishes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 843.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: