Recipe by snickels
I use hearts of palm to mimic octopus rings. it's really pretty (even though i always hated octopus). It requires no cooking and all the flavor. Amounts vary with size of vegetables.
Top Review by wendy
I made this recipe fro mostly fresh veggies, and it was AWESOME! Can't wait to make it again! I used red pepper, which made it quite colorful! I chopped up a small piece of jalapeno pepper, added it to the squeezed lime juice in a small bowl, then drained the liquid into the cut-up vegs. So it was just a wee bit spicy, but not overpowering.
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, cut in rings
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (any color)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced (or to taste)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- avocado (optional)
- cucumber (optional)
- green bell pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hearts of palm in circles and pop out the middle. (i keep the middle in the dish but the little loops look like octopus).
- Chop everything else and mix together.
- Serve in martini or margarita glasses with a little cilantro and fresh black pepper on top.