Recipe by DJ T.
Light and flavorful as an appetizer or a snack. Can be served with crackers, or, for a non-carb diet, on cucumber slices.
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons herbs, minced (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add tomatoes and blanch for 45 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Peel then chop the tomatoes, reserve in large bowl.
- Heal olive oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add zucchini, pepper, and onion; saute for 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid. Add parsley and chopped herbs.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and zest.
- Mix with chopped tomatoes. Refrigerate overnight.