Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not a fan of Indian food, but this recipe from "The Higher Taste" would probably work from someone who does enjoy it.
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons ghee, for frying
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 pinch hing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Wash rice.
- In 1 quart pan put 2 Tbsp oil, garlic powder and rice. Stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add water, turmeric and salt. Add peas.
- Bring to a full boil, then cover and cook on very low heat for 18 minutes; stir in cashew pieces.
- Garnish w/ coriander leaves.
This is a nice plain tasting rice that would go well with a spicy curry. I made it with brown rice, which I do not recommend since it got kind of mushy.