Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have yet to try this but it sounds marvelous. It's from the amazing book "The Higher Taste." Mmm, mmm, mmm...vegetarian.
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup eggplant, cubes (deep fried or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon hing
- oil (for deep frying)
- **You can use a store-bought dough for the outer shell or use your favorite homemade recipe**.
- Form dough into 2" balls and roll out into 6" circles.
- Mix all filling ingredients together.
- Divide stuffing into 8 portions and place into center of dough circles; fold over in half.
- Place fork in flour and use to seal edges.
- Fry in hot oil for about 1 minute on each side until they are reddish brown.
- Serve hot.