Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake was passed onto me by my mom's sister,Madhu Malhotra. This recipe found a place in the newspaper!!! Try it, what are you waiting for?
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup curds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons melted oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 cardamoms (powdered)
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 10 -15 raisins
- Mix semolina, sugar and curd.
- Stir well.
- Add raisins, nuts, powdered cardamom and vanilla essence.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenhit.
- Grease a medium size pan with butter.
- Pour in the mixture and bake for 30-45 minutes.
This was very good eaten warm.I imagine it would be good to brush some sugar syrup on the surface as soon as the cake is baked,as the top tends to dry out as it cools.But definitely a good recipe.I even put a picture of it on my blog: http://passion-for-food.blogspot.com/2006/12/eggless-sooji-cake.html