Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was really good, although next time I will add a layer of chopped spinach. Serve with a salad and hot bread sticks.
- 1 lb butternut squash, steamed and mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 box oven ready lasagna noodle
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium heat and add the onion& garlic.
- Cool until the onion is turning LIGHT brown.
- Remove from heat and add the honey and mashed squash.
- Stir well.
- Place a small abount of sauce in the bottom of a shallow 2 quart oven safe dish.
- Place 3 noodles on the sauce and spread with half the squash mixture, half the cottage cheese and 1/3 of the tomato sauce, then half the mozzarella-repeat layers ending up with the sauce, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sugar, herbs and pepper along with the tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.