Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vegetarian burritos even meat lovers will enjoy, kids won't even know they are eating their veggies. Packed with mexican flavors and delicious fresh vegetables.
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 white onion, sliced into this strips
- 425.24 g refried beans
- 425.24 g black beans, drained
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 78.07 ml water
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, blend shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, sauce bell peppers and onion until tender in olive oil over medium-high heat, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat refried beans, water and taco seasoning over medium-low heat.
- In a non-stick skillet, saute corn in butter, salt and pepper for 1 - 3 minutes or until done.
- Assemble burritos with all ingredients excluding tomato and lettuce.
- Wrap burritos in foil and place on baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap burritos and top with lettuce and tomato.
These are the best burritos I've ever made. I used tofutti sour cream and vegan daiya cheese. One of the most satisfying vegan meals I've made so far! Super delicious! I pretty much eye balled things while assembling. Added a bit more corn and mixed it with the beans. Added some olives to the mix cause they were in the fridge. Didn't both to open them up and add the tomato/lettuce (they looked to good!) Definitely a keeper! I wrapped them all individually in foil to bake - no mess in the pan and ready to go for lunches/freezing etc. THANK YOU!