Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
A great way to lighten things up.
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- commercial salsa
- commercial guacamole
- Heat tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Fold burrito style.
- Serve immediately with salsa and guacamole.
Marvelous!! This is loaded with yummy veggies. The chili powder and cumin gave it a very nice flavor. These were easy to assemble. My husband who is the consumate carnivore even gave this a 5-star rating. Nurse Di--your recipes are amazing. Thanks :)
Great recipe and makes enough to have some left overs which were just as good as when I first made it. Would make it again in a heartbeat, thanks for posting!