Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I substituted black beans for the soy burger crumbles. This is really good, and I didn't miss the meat. Recipe courtesy off allrecipes.com
- 177.44 ml white rice
- 18.92 ml water
- 340.19 g soy burgers (crumbled)
- 793.78 g whole tomatoes, drained (1/4 cup juice reserved)
- 12.32 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 35.43 g taco seasoning
- 20 inch flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 403.98 g refried beans (vegetarian, divided)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded, sliced, and divided)
- 354.88 ml salsa, divided
- 591.47 ml cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place soy crumbles, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning in a medium frying pan over medium high heat. Cook and stir, breaking up tomatoes, about 10 minutes.
- Lay 1 flour tortilla in a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking dish. Layer with one half of the beans, jalapeno slices, rice, salsa, soy mixture, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, beginning with the flour tortilla, and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.