Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great present for a vegetarian friend, or to take along on a camping trip! Gotten off the internet. I have not tried this yet, but have posted it here so I will!
- 1⁄2 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried soybeans
- 1⁄4 cup dry lentils
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
To Make Patties use 1 cup grain mix plus
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Grind the beans, nuts, seeds & oats until they resemble coarse flour. Combine with remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Shake before using to distribute the ingredients.
- Makes 4 cups, enough for 8 burgers or 24 fritters.
- Mix and let stand 15 minutes. Shape into patties and fry in hot oil until the bottom is brown. Turn, cover and cook about 5 minutes longer. Enjoy!
- Shape into 6 balls and deep fry. Enjoy!
- Other beans & grains may be used as long as the total quantity equals the same.