Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe for [very] spicy, vegetarian buffalo wings made from homemade buffalo sauce.
Make and share this Vegetarian Buffalo Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice vinegar
- 12 teaspoons red chili powder (a little less for a more mild sauce)
- 6 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 12 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups seitan
- 1) DELETE RECIPE! MEASUREMENTS ARE ALL WRONG AND I NEED TO RE-DO IT!
- 2) In a large stock pot, combine sauce and seitan and cook over medium heat for five minutes, making sure all pieces get coated with the sauce. This will absorb all the flavors into the seitan.
- 3) With a slotted spoon, transfer seitan to a large frying pan. Fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes, gently turning pieces over every 1-2 minutes. This will help firm and dry the seitan a bit. Serve.