Recipe by Pinglicious
A yummy cold-weather favorite - goat cheese adds an unexpected twist to this soup. I made this for my boyfriend one night when I saw him buying the canned version and knew I could do much better :-)
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups steamed broccoli
- 12 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a sauce pan.
- Add carrot, onion & celery. Saute until soft (but not brown).
- In a separate pan, melt the other 2 tbs butter.
- Add flour and whisk quickly.
- Add 1 cup of cream and stir.
- Pour the flour mixture into the sauce pan with the carrot, onion & celery.
- Add the rest of the cream, the water & the garlic.
- Add the cheddar cheese.
- Add the goat cheese.
- Add the broccoli.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.