Recipe by merron-iru kami
A light and summery breakfast. It's great with fruit or yogurt. It even got high marks from the meat-eaters in our household! Extra-easy if you have a quesadilla-maker!
Top Review by Starrynews
Delicious! Loved the addition of the lime juice to the eggs. I omitted the salt (personal preference). I used the optional cumin and added a dash of cayenne pepper and chili powder to the mashed avocado. For the fruit salsa, I used Recipe #25605 - great match! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 0.25 ml cumin, to taste
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 236.59 ml of shredded cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml olive oil, in an atomizer
- 236.59 ml fruit salsa, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mist a light coat of olive oil on a frying pan and saute green onions until slightly softened.
- Beat eggs with lime juice and add to the pan. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Scramble as usual, adding chopped cilantro when eggs are soft-set.
- Set scambled eggs aside on a warmed plate, wipe pan with a paper towel, and remist it with the olive oil atomizer.
- Spread 2 of the tortillas with mashed avocado. Season with more salt, pepper or cumin, if desired.
- Add 1 tortilla, avocado side up to the pan, top with one half of the scambled eggs, a 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar and finally, one plain tortilla.
- Allow quesadilla to heat through, until the bottom tortilla has begun to crisp (but not burn!). Mist olive oil on the top tortilla and flip quesadilla over in the pan, allowing the top to crisp, as well.
- When finished, remove to a warm plate and follow directions 5 and 6 with second quesadilla.
- When both are finished, slice and serve with fruit salsa.